I hope you love it too.
I’ve been looking at decorating the table and been procrastinating for a while. We bought this table when Miss Bee was little and I haven’t decorated it other than using things I already had until today.
Up until recently I thought Miss Bee might get up and fiddle with anything, but I think she’ll be fine now.
I’d been looking at options for some time. I can be very picky. Some vases I saw were just lovely but too Shabby Chic for me. Others were too modern and angular. Others didn’t have the wide stable base I needed with the risk of a potential bump. Others, were simply too pricey to put around a toddler. I wanted simple yet classy. I also didn’t want to pay a fortune as it might get broken.
As life isn’t a magazine, the toddler trays and a clear plastic table cover are still part of our dining experience here.
THE STYLE RECIPE:
- Marit table runner in beige has a woven texture which adds a linen type look at $4.99 x1. This matches the texture and colour of my blinds. This runner comes in many colours and if you pick a colour from your decor you could swap it to match your home.
- Skimmer candlesticks are a shiny chrome finish, chunky enough to be stable but elegant with their traditionally shaped. The chrome ties in with my chair legs at just $12.99 x2
- Topped with Sinnlig scented block candle in vanilla at $2.79 each x2
- Berakna 30cm glass vase is just $12.99 x1
The artifical flowers are rather lovely for the price. Crossing the stems helps keep them in place.
- Stems of Smycka eucalyptus 65cm branches at $4.99 each x4
- Stems of Smycka Lily flower and bud 85cm $6.99 each x3 It’s important to buy 3 not 2 or 4 as artistically odd numbers look better to the eye. If you choose a larger vase and need more Lily stems go 5 or 7 and up the eucalyptus stems accordingly. You will need to cut off some of the stem. Cut firmly then wiggle it back and forth, it should snap off cleanly. I made mine slightly longer than the eucalyptus so they’d sit above the eucalyptus stems. If in doubt, cut sparingly and adjust rather than cutting hard with regret.
I cut off around 16cm. It’s best to not get too worried about exact as variety will look more natural.
Matching with my blind colour.